The meet has reach full capacity at 92 swimmers. They are hoping the meet will not run over 12:00 noon.
The annual Westport Groundhog Meet Announcement is now posted: 28th Annual Ground Hog Meet2014. There are some technical difficulties with the links but please use this form to reference the date, time, order of events, etc. It will be announced when the link to Club Assistant is up and running or when there is an alternative pre race day registration method.
A couple of FYIs for the meet this Sunday.
1.Warmup is 8:00 with a 9:00 start. We are at entry capacity (92 swimmers) so if you are entered in the 400 free, please come to the computer table in the pool and “positive check in”. Current timeline puts the session at just around 3 hours. The meet should be over at or around noon.
2. Any team(s) interested in relays, please get me your relay entries asap. I’d like to pre-enter as many as possible and avoid the rush morning of the meet.
3. The pool will be measured pre and post meet. Times will be submitted for consideration for USMS and FINA Top 10.
4. Forecast is for temps in the mid 40s. The bubble is heated, but the air temp may be a little brisk after these past few days of single digit temps. Bring your fleece, warmups parka, etc.
5. The Y has ample parking but the lot closest to the door is reserved for Y members. This does not include members that will be swimming in the meet.
6. The Wilton Y Wahoos are running a Winter Coat drive which will end this Sunday. We will be accepting new and gently used Coats and also hats and gloves. Any donations will be greatly appreciated and will directly impact someone’s life. All donations will go to benefit the Salvation Army and the AIDS project in Greater Danbury. If you have any questions please contact Dana Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bins are in the lobby of the Y. Thank you for your generosity!
CONN Masters had an excellent showing at the New England Master’s Short Course Meters Championships, which was also the SCM Championships for the Colonies Zone. 5 Swimmers scored 488 points to put CONN Master’s 4th in the Small Team Division (4-9 swimmers). Ann Louise Onton swam impressively being the Women’s High Point Winner with 183 points. Peter Berghaus was tied for 17th and Steven Skolnick was tied for 112th out of 245 men. Jennifer Madonia was tied for 51st and Pam Henry Moss was tied for 89th out of 201 women. All represented Connecticut very well. Thank you.
The meet will now be held on January 12th, warm up at 8:00 am and meet starting at 9:00 am. Deck entries will be allowed but must be in by 8:00 am. Online registration will be allowed at Wilton Wahoos Meet Registration until January 7th.
Results from the John Merrill Memorial Meet have been posted or can be viewed at John_Merrill_Memorial_Masters_Meet_111713. Congratulations to all the excellent times. The next upcoming meet in CONN is the Wilton Wahoo SCM Meet on December 8, 2013.
Y Master’s Nationals will be held in Sarasota, Florida April 10-13. You do have to be a member of a YMCA between the registration period and the meet itself and you must be part of a YMCA team that is insured. Jeff has said that you might be able to be part of the Wilton Y Master’s team if you would like to participate in this event and do not belong to a YMCA that will be sending a team. More information to follow on how this can be done. Click 2014 Masters Packet for the registration information.
November 2, 40 swimmers challenged themselves by swimming 2.6 miles in the cold Long Island Sound off of Fairfield. While CONN Masters were well represented, swimmers came from all over the east coast from Maine down to Delaware. Here are the results: Cold Water Challenge Results.
Michael Shove is hosting an all ages swim meet and pool party to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic disease that is chronic and affects metabolic functions. It can cause the production of a think mucus in the lungs, obstructing airways making breathing difficult and it can cause the pancreas not to produce enzymes that digest food. The event will be held at the Greenknoll Regional YMCA in Brookfield, CT on Saturday, August 24th. Warm ups start at 9, the meet at 10, the party and silent auction at 12, and a reception with awards and a cash bar at 3. Donations would be appreciated even if you are unable to attend. Please go to Meet Results for more information.
Please send any CONN Master’s pictures to me at email@example.com. I am looking for both pictures of swimming events, such as Y Nationals and Harvard meets, and swimmers doing things outside the pool, such as our famed guitarist playing a gig or any post practice parties (please keep in mind our website doesn’t have any age limits so please keep the pictures family appropriate).